World of James Herriot
Step into the World of James Herriot! Skeldale was the home of Alf Wright, vet and author fo the James Herriot books. The Herriot museum offers a fascinating look back at life in 1940's rural Yorkshire.
Be immersed in 1940's home life with period details through the house, allowing a glimpse into life in times gone by.
Vets & Farriers
The Farriers workshop ia an interesting exhibit demonstrating the skills required by a specialist farrier. The 400 piece archive of veterinary instruments is the largest in the world.
The museum has the largest collection of Herriot memorabilia in the world including the fantastic and fully restored Austin 7 car the original All creatures Great and Small TV adaptation of the Herriot books.
Heping bring alive the exhibit and providing physical experience of the World of James Herriot, the intercative gallery is a delight for all ages.
Visiting The World of James Herriot
Nov to Feb: 10am - 4pm last entry 3pm
Mar to Oct: 10am - 5pm last entry 4pm
Closed: Dec 25th, 26th, & Jan 1st
- Free admission for carer of visitor with disabilities.
- Wheelchair access to all floors and gardens with the exception of the Air Raid Shelter.
- Accessible toilets on ground floor and in café area.
- Assistance dogs welcomed.
- Information and photographs of the Air Raid shelter available in the ticket/retail shop from our well informed staff.
- Parking is available close to the front of the Museum on disc parking or disabled parking disc’s.
- Wheelchair Loan – 1 wheelchair available if you would like to use it.
Contact World of James Herriot
Website: World of James Herriot
Events at Beck Isle Museum